Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Color Challenge - Thank you

Well, my kids started school this morning. I'm not sure why this year (it's not like it's a new thing anymore), but I felt very emotional and lonely! Being productive and creative are two things that always get me out of a funk, so I spent some time in the studio today. It was extremely hot and humid here today and not feeling fall at all, but this card I made for Dawn's Rasberry Suite Color Challenge definately got me in the fall mood. I missed her last color challenge - too busy - so really wanted to try this one. This card also happens to use a sketch from Get Sketchy. Two challenges in one card - I love that!




I had this really fun damask ribbon from Offray I had been waiting to use, so thought this would be the perfect card to use it on. I stamped the plaid background with Martha Stewart's pattern stamps. Thanks for looking!



Here are the specs:

Stamps: Martha Stewart clear pattern stamps, PTI Polka Dot Basics and Heartfelt Basics, CTMH Autumn Splendor
Cardstock: CTMH Chocolate, Colonial White, PTI Kraft

Inks: CTMH Chocolate, Sunflower

Accessories: Offray ribbon, CTMH Hemp

16 comments:

  1. Holy! Great job with both challenges, an awesome card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply Stunning.
    Thanks for playing with us at GETSKETCHY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card! Great job with both challenges! :) TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the leaves on this, what perfect colours!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful I love your take on the sketch, amazing!
    thnx for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely beautiful! All of the elements coordinate well, and your color composition is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the leaves and ribbon treatment...so fallish!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fab job! So beautiful!
    Thanks for playing with GS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card and I think I understand how you feel! Crafting is a wonderful escape when I don't quite feel 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow! Gorgeous card...lovely take on the challenges! Thanks for joining us over at Get Sketchy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your leaves are just stunners. Fabulous job with Dawn's color challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful! I love the ribbon and the leaves! :)

    ReplyDelete