Monday, January 4, 2010

Thanks a Latte

( Scroll down if you want to see the artwork.)
The story behind the card:
A dear friend of mine, who happens to be the secretary at our church, went above and beyond for me this Christmas. My oldest son is a HUGE Utah Jazz fan (well, really a Kyle Korver fan). The one thing he asked for for Christmas was a signed basketball card of Kyle on the Jazz. Wanting to be a good mom, I browsed the web in search of a signed card, but none was to be found. So I did what any mom would do for her son, I called the lady who could "hook me up". You see, my friend's son and husband are avid card collectors/traders, so she sent them out in search of a card. They came back with several Kyle Korver cards, but none were signed. She went the next step and contacted our (semi-retired) pastor, who happens to be the grandfather of Kyle, and got the cards to him to get signed. The Jazz were in town Dec. 9, playing the Lakers and our pastor took Kyle out for dinner and asked him to sign a couple of cards. My son was elated with the gift, as you can see. (Now we need to get Kyle healed so he can play a little more. My son has been missing watching him play.)
My friend would not accept any money for the cards or her time and energy, so I got her a gift card to Starbucks (her favorite treat). I needed a thank you card to go with it, and that is how this card came to be. I knew I wanted to use my Verve stamp set "Delightful & Delicious", but I needed a starting point. I saw this sketch at 2 Sketches 4 You, and knew this was my starting point!


Thank you, dear friend!! And, thank you, blog friends, for stopping by!


Supplies:


Stamps: Verve Delightful & Delicious


Cardstock: CTMH Colonial White and Cocoa


Patterned Paper: Basic Grey & CTMH


Accessories: CTMH Twill Ribbon

9 comments:

  1. what a fantastic story. Oh my goodness what a great community you have. Thanks for making us part of that special event too :)
    Hugs
    Kazan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing! I enjoyed reading your story behind your pretty card! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great story and I love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love that sentiment! Thanks for playing along at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a great card--your story was great as well--friends are the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an AWESOME story to remember! Glad you shared it with us, and glad you shared your beautiful card! Thanks so much for playing along with 2S4Y this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I really like your color scheme. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great story, and great card! I love Verve stamps too!

    ReplyDelete