Monday, February 21, 2011

Fallen Off The Face of the Earth

So, no, I have not fallen off the face of the earth, but it sure might have felt like it. I'm not even going to try to give you a ton of excuses. Let's just say, "Something had to give!". Anyhow, I'm glad to be back, and am looking forward to posting more. Mostly, though, I am looking forward to visiting some of my favorite blogs!

Here's a card I made awhile back for my niece using some of CTMH's new products from the Spring/Summer catalog. I always love getting new stuff to spark new creativity & inspiration!


I also thought I'd let you know that I haven't taken a break from crafting, just blogging. I've been busy making lots of fun scrapbook pages, cards and some home decor items. Below is a photo of one of the home decorating projects I've been up to.

I had these boring beige armless chairs for some time now, and I felt like it was about time to give them a facelift. I decided to sew some slip covers for them, which, by the way, was my first time sewing slipcovers. I couldn't believe how nicely they fit my chairs, and I am so pleased with the new life they were given. I also sewed some pillows to coordinate. I cut out some flowers from some fabric & appliqued them onto some white linen. I loved how they turned out. These chairs (2 of them) sit on either side of our tv cabinet and are pulled into the seating area if & when they are needed. Most of the time, though, they just sit there looking pretty.


Anyhow, glad to be back, and thanks so much for stopping by today!



1 comment: