Friday, July 16, 2010

Hip Hip Hooray!

I made a card today for my cousin's daughter. We will be attending her 1st Birthday party in a couple of weeks, and are thrilled to be able to celebrate with her. I knew I wanted it to be fun & cute & since it is an "animal" themed party, I went with the hippo. Thought I'd also enter this in the Moxie Fab World's "Let's Do Fun & Cute" challenge.

I started with the hippo stamped on some hand-created plaid (it wouldn't be a "Karla" card w/o stamped backgrounds). I stamped the polka dots with Goldrush ink onto Creme Brulee cardstock. I love goldrush & baby pink together. Added a hint of Hollyhock (darker pink) with the scalloped circle and rick rack. The inside reads, "It's Your First Birthday!". So fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


Supplies
Stamps: CTMH Life's A Jungle and Tiny Typewriter Alphabet; PTI Polka Dot Basics II and Distressed Stripes
Cardstock: CTMH Creme Brulee and Hollyhock; PTI Rustic White and Sweet Blush
Inks: CTMH Baby Pink and Goldrush
Accessories: Hollyhock rick rack

3 comments:

  1. I have missed seeing your beautiful creations while I have been out of town the past few weeks. Darling card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that is so sweet, Karla! I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Karla! Thanks for entering the Let's Do Fun & Cute Card Style Week challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on the fun!

    ReplyDelete