Thursday, November 5, 2009

Christmas Photo Cards

Just us Girls is calling for Holiday Photo Cards this week. I was so excited about that because I'm hoping to get some good ideas for my cards this year. I have made photo cards every year since my first son was born (this will be the 10th year!) and it's something I look forward to each year. I generally make about 150 of them, so for me they need to be somewhat easy to put together. I thought I'd share a couple of cards from past Christmases. This first one I sent out 2 years ago, but changed up the paper because the paper I used is discontinued, but this one has the same feel.

This next card was actually a reject from last year, but I changed up the embellishments and sentiment. I ended up going with aqua and brown last year, so this didn't make the cut.


A vintage picture, but it went with the color scheme (:






Thanks for stopping by today!



6 comments:

  1. Love 'em both. You are the queen of cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karla these are both adorable. 150?!?! I don't do handmade Christmas cards because I send about 70 but 150 cards??? NO WAY lol. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls - be sure to email us for your digi set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. BOTH cards are BEAUTIFUL as is your family :) The photo cards look great & what a FANTASTIC card for you family! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls! I hope you come back Saturday for a new & exciting sketch challenge hosted by Maria!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both fabulous! I love your colors and unique layouts on both, and I ADORE that picture of your kids in the first one! What a fun holiday card :O) Your patterned paper and embellishments pefectly complement your cards ;]

    Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls! Hope to see you again on Saturday for a fun sketch challenge!

    Please be sure to email JUGS if you would like to receive my free digi set! I would love to share it with you :O)

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the first comment, you are the queen of cards!! You put the cards i made this year to shame! Thank goodness none of my family and friends will be getting one of your cards!! Beautiful work. Really inspiring.

    ReplyDelete