Thursday, November 19, 2009

Celebrate Card Patterns

The sketch from Card Patterns this week is a great sketch with so much potential! For some reason, though, it scared me!! I was having a hard time wrapping my head around an idea. I was determined to not let it get the better of me - to conquer it! I'm glad I did. Though I'm not 100% happy with the outcome, I am 100% happy with my efforts! Ha Ha Ha!
I made a two-layer butterfly (idea from "Tips & Tricks" in the May 2009 issue of Creating Keepsakes) for the main focal point and added some pearls for softness. Thanks so much for stopping by today!

All supplies are from CTMH

3 comments:

  1. I love how you simplified the sketch Karla! Those colors are just gorgeous together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should also be 100% happy with the outcome. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete