Thursday, July 16, 2009

Book Box


I made this book box for my mom's birthday. She is an avid reader, and I'm trying to convince my dad that he needs to buy her a Kindle (a digital book reader). My sisters and I are giving her an amazon.com gift certificate so she can either purchase e-books or standard books for her enjoyment. Anyhow, I made this book box to house the gift certificate. I thought it turned out very realistic looking. She'll think it's clever! I don't have a template for it, I just created, measured, cut and scored as I went. I was pleased with how it turned out so I thought I would share.

I assembled the outer book part first and heat embossed the spine and cover with gold embossing powder. After figuring out the measurements of the box I stamped lines on the outer edges to make it look like pages. The front reads: "birthday wishes" (it's kind of hard to read in the pictures. Sorry about that!)




Supplies:

Stamps: CTMH Journaling Jots, Annotations and Boutique Borders, PTI Mega Mixed Messages, Anna Griffin Darcy Collection
Cardstock: PTI Kraft, CTMH Textured Duos in Chocolate and Colonial White
Inks: CTMH Clear and Desert Sand (for "pages")
Other: Gold embossing powder

1 comment: