Thursday, April 15, 2010

Having a joyful day!

Hi bloggers! Just thought I'd share a quick card I made last night using the Mojo Monday #134 sketch. When I saw this sketch, I made it a goal to participate this week. Such a fun one. Spring has definately arrived here in Southern Ca. As I was driving home from work, I noticed all the businesses with colorful flowers, and the new leaves growing on the trees (my favorite shade of green!). I was feeling joyful driving home, and wanted to reflect that in my card.

This card started with the white daisies on kraft cardstock. I had been wanting to use my white gel pen to color in these fun cluster of daisies from PTI, but I didn't realize how hard it would be. What I discovered is that my eyes are aging! You can see how difficult it was for me on the close-up below. Wow! This might be one technique I'll need to put on hold until I get bi-focals!
Anyhow, I love the color combo of spring green and sunflower yellow. It screams "joy". Thanks so much for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Stamps: CTMH Priceless Love Word Puzzle, Noted Backgrounds; PTI Vintage Picnic, Everyday Button Bits
Cardstock: PTI Kraft; CTMH Topiary and White Daisy
Patterned Paper: green dots from Bo Bunny
Inks: CTMH Black, Sunflower, Topiary, Sweet Leaf; Sakura White gel pen
Accessories: PTI Saddle stitch ribbon; CTMH Craft Button


1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I have used that houndstooth stamp over and over. It's a classic!

    ReplyDelete