Thursday, February 4, 2010

We're Praying

Here's the card I started yesterday, and finally finished up this afternoon. This card was made for a couple from my church who had a baby girl a couple months ago. This little girl, though, has had a rough start to life and is awaiting a heart transplant. My husband and I wanted to send a little card to let them know we are holding them up in prayer, but I felt like the card needed to have a sweet "baby" look to it. This color challenge with ribbon from Embellish Magazine was the perfect starting point. I loved the cross and sentiment from Verve's "Notes of Prayer", and wanted to incorporate that into this loose interpretation to the sketch at Unscripted Sketches (only I missed the deadline, again!). Anyways, thanks for taking the time to stop by today, and if you have a minute could you say a little prayer for baby Jocelyn and her family? I know they would appreciate it!




Supplies:
Stamps: CTMH (Boutique Borders, Circle Around, and Argyle Backgrounds), Verve (Notes of Prayer)
Cardstock: PTI (Rustic Cream, Sweet Blush, Dark Chocolate)
Inks: CTMH (Baby Pink, Chocolate), PTI (Aqua Mist), Versamark
Accessories: PTI (Aqua Mist grosgrain ribbon), CTMH (Clear Sparkles), Ivory Pearl Embossing Powder
Tools: Spellbinders Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities


8 comments:

  1. OHHH your card is stunning! love the soft pink with the aqua!!!! just beautiful!

    thanks for playing with US this week- Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEautiful card..for, I am sure, a very loved little girl. I think they will really appreciate it. Thanks for using our sketch this week. LOVE that paper.
    Sarah M
    Unscripted DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is just AMAZING! Not only do I love the striped paper but that ribbon and bow are the perfect use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Unscripte Sketches, hope you see you play again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! ( I love that bow) Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful card. Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog. Have a wonderful week. I am also a mom of four, but added bonus, a Nana of two beautiful grandchildren.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card and I am sure the parents will really appreciate it. I hope all goes well for the family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design! Thanks for joining us again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous! So glad you could join us in the Embellish Challenge.

    ReplyDelete