Sunday, October 11, 2009

Bite-sized Goodies

Hey Y'all. It's been a few days since I've posted something, so thought I'd show you what I have in store for my kids' teachers for Halloween this year.
First up, I made a darling little box to house 4 brownie bites. I happened to bake these bites, but you could just as easily buy some brownie bites and spruce them up with a little candy topper, ganache or a dollup of Cream Cheese Frosting.
The box measures approx. 4 1/2"x 4 1/2" x 2 1/4". I had to make it deep enough to decorate the top of each brownie with a marshmellow creme pumpkin, but I could easily make the box shallower if I needed to.

For the lid I used my Labels 1 Spellbinders die to punch a window, which is lined with transperancy film. Around the edge I stamped a fun border with an image from PTI's Vintage Labels stamp set. The tag is made with a cuttlebug die and stamped with an image from PTI's Vintage Picnic. The "For you" sentiment is from Verve Stamps.

For the inside of the box, I made a holder for the brownies so they stay put. It measures 4 3/8" x 4 3/8" x 1/2". I used my Coluzzle tags to cut out a hole for each brownie (and bonus: the tag gives you a finger notch to easily pick up each brownie!). I stamped the cardstock with the plaid stamp from Martha Stewart.

I also made a matching gift enclosure card (2 x 3"). Now that I have the specifics and template worked out, it should be a snap to whip up these little gifts. I already have great ideas floating around in my head of how to change these up for Christmas and Valentines. Can't wait!
Thanks for looking!
Supplies:
Stamps: PTI (Vintage Labels, Vintage Picnic), Martha Stewart Clear Patterns Stamps
Cardstock: PTI (Kraft), CTMH (Garden Green, New England Ivy)
Inks: CTMH (Desert Sand, New England Ivy), Copic markers for the pumpkins
Accessories: Cuttlebug and Tag Die, Spellbinders Labels 1 Dies, CTMH Hemp, CTMH Craft Buttons, Ivory Satin Ribbon



2 comments:

  1. Awesome! What a thoughtful mom you are. Your kids' teachers are going to be so happy when they get your little gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love this, I wish I was their teacher!

    ReplyDelete